Welcome to my kitchen, where I cook up a storm and share my favorite recipes with you. Today, I am excited to share with you my latest creation: Jicama Chicken Saute Recipe. This recipe is perfect for those who love bold and savory flavors.
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal that is both delicious and healthy, then this recipe is for you. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and satisfying dish that will impress even the most discerning of palates.
Whether you are a seasoned chef or a novice cook, this recipe is easy to follow and will have you feeling like a pro in no time. So, grab your apron and let’s get started on making this delicious Jicama Chicken Saute Recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes? Do you want to add some excitement to your weeknight dinners? Look no further than this Jicama Chicken Saute recipe!
First of all, let’s talk about jicama. It’s a root vegetable that’s crisp and refreshing, with a slightly sweet flavor. When paired with the tender chicken and crunchy red bell pepper in this recipe, it adds a unique texture and taste that will have your taste buds dancing.
But the flavors don’t stop there. The curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes add a delicious kick to the dish, while the green onions and chicken broth bring depth and richness. And let’s not forget about the olive oil – it’s a healthy fat that helps to bring all of the flavors together.
This recipe is also incredibly versatile. You can pair it with cooked rice for a complete meal, or use it as a filling for chicken tacos or street tacos. You can even serve it alongside a jicama salad or salsa for a healthy summer dinner.
And if you’re looking to switch things up even more, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try. Swap out the red bell pepper for tomatillos or red peppers, or add in some lemon grass for a Thai twist. The possibilities are endless!
Overall, this Jicama Chicken Saute recipe is a delicious and exciting way to add some flavor to your dinner routine. Don’t be afraid to get creative with it and make it your own. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make the Jicama Chicken Saute:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
You can find the majority of these ingredients in your local grocery store. Jicama is a root vegetable that can be found in the produce section. Make sure to select firm and unblemished jicama.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the ingredient list, it’s time to get cooking! In this section, I will guide you through the step-by-step process of making this delicious Jicama Chicken Saute.
Before we start cooking, it’s important to prepare all of the ingredients beforehand. This includes dicing the jicama and red bell pepper into 1-inch cubes and slicing the green onions into thin strips. Also, cut the boneless skinless chicken breast halves into small strips.
Sauteing the Chicken
First, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken strips to the skillet and season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Saute the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until browned on all sides.
Adding the Vegetables
Next, add the diced jicama, red bell pepper, and sliced green onions to the skillet with the chicken. Stir everything together for about 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
Making the Sauce
In a separate bowl, whisk together chicken broth, curry powder, and salt. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the chicken and vegetables, and stir everything together until the sauce is evenly distributed.
Let everything cook together for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender. Once it’s done, remove the skillet from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Jicama Chicken Saute is very versatile and can be served in many different ways. Some popular serving suggestions include serving it over cooked rice or as a filling for chicken street tacos. You can also pair it with some refreshing sides like jicama salad or mango jicama salsa.
Now that you have the step-by-step instructions, it’s time to get cooking and enjoy this delicious Jicama Chicken Saute. Don’t be afraid to get creative with the recipe and make it your own by adding different ingredients or seasonings. Happy cooking!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the great things about cooking is that you can always make substitutions and variations to suit your taste preferences or dietary requirements. Here are some ideas to switch things up with this jicama chicken saute recipe:
– Vegetarian: Swap the chicken for tofu or your favorite meat alternative. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
– Spicier: Double up on the crushed red pepper flakes or add some diced jalapenos for an extra kick.
– Milder: Omit the crushed red pepper flakes and use sweet bell peppers instead of red bell peppers.
– Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free chicken broth and double-check that your curry powder is gluten-free.
– Paleo: Serve the jicama chicken saute over cauliflower rice or roasted sweet potato cubes instead of cooked rice.
– Low-Carb: Skip the rice altogether and serve the jicama chicken saute over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
– More Veggies: Add some sliced mushrooms, snow peas, or diced carrots to the stir-fry.
– Different Protein: Try shrimp, scallops, or beef strips instead of chicken breast halves.
– Different Flavor Profile: Use lemon grass and ginger instead of curry powder for a Thai-inspired version of the dish.
Remember, cooking is all about experimentation and finding what works for you. Don’t be afraid to try new things and make this recipe your own!
Serving and Pairing
This Jicama Chicken Saute recipe is a flavor-packed meal that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with other dishes. One of my favorite ways to serve this dish is over a bed of cooked rice. The rice soaks up the savory chicken broth and curry powder flavors, making each bite even more delicious.
If you’re looking to add some color and texture to your plate, consider serving the saute with a side of jicama salad or roasted red bell peppers. The crunch of the jicama adds a refreshing contrast to the tender chicken, while the sweetness of the roasted bell pepper complements the curry and crushed red pepper flakes.
For a Mexican-inspired twist, try stuffing the jicama chicken mixture into tortillas and serving as chicken street tacos with mango jicama salsa, corn jicama salsa, or apple jicama slaw. These tacos are perfect for a healthy summer dinner or a fun party dish.
If you’re in the mood for something more substantial, this saute recipe also pairs well with home fries, grilled jicama wraps, or cashew chicken. The versatility of this dish makes it a great option for any meal of the day, whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or a hearty dinner.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this Jicama Chicken Saute recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Jicama Chicken Saute recipe is perfect for meal prep and can be made ahead of time for busy weeknights. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly in a skillet or microwave until it’s piping hot.
If you’re planning to make this dish ahead of time, I recommend cooking the chicken and jicama separately and storing them in separate containers in the fridge. Then, when you’re ready to eat, simply saute them together with the other ingredients.
Another great option is to turn any leftovers into flavorful tacos by adding some diced mango or corn, jicama salsa, or apple jicama slaw. You can also use the chicken and jicama as a filling for grilled jicama wraps, jicama tortillas, or even on top of some healthy summer home fries.
Overall, this recipe is versatile and can be easily adapted to fit your taste preferences and dietary needs. It’s a great option for a quick and healthy meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week.
Tips for Perfect Results
Creating a perfect Jicama Chicken Saute is easy, but there are a few tips that can help you achieve the best results. Here are some tips that will help you make the perfect Jicama Chicken Saute:
1. Cut the Chicken and Jicama into Even Pieces: Cutting the chicken and jicama into even pieces ensures that they cook evenly, which is important for flavor and texture. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and jicama into 1-inch cubes.
2. Use High-Quality Chicken Broth: Using high-quality chicken broth adds depth and richness to the dish. If you have the time, make your own chicken broth for the best results.
3. Season the Chicken with Salt and Curry Powder: Seasoning the chicken with salt and curry powder before cooking adds flavor and makes the chicken more tender.
4. Use a Large Skillet: Using a large skillet allows you to cook the chicken and jicama without overcrowding the pan, which can cause them to steam instead of saute. A 12-inch skillet should be sufficient for this recipe.
5. Cook the Chicken First: Start by cooking the chicken in the skillet until it is browned and cooked through. Then, remove it from the skillet and set it aside while you cook the jicama.
6. Saute the Jicama in Olive Oil: Jicama has a mild flavor and a crisp texture, which makes it perfect for sauteing. Use olive oil to saute the jicama until it is tender and slightly browned.
7. Add the Chicken Back to the Skillet: Once the jicama is cooked, add the chicken back to the skillet and stir to combine. This ensures that the chicken is heated through and allows the flavors to meld together.
8. Garnish with Green Onions and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: Adding green onions and crushed red pepper flakes to the dish before serving adds a pop of color and a bit of heat.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and flavorful Jicama Chicken Saute that is sure to become a family favorite.
In conclusion, the Jicama Chicken Saute Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that you should definitely try. With its combination of tender chicken, crunchy jicama, and flavorful spices, this dish is sure to impress your family and friends. Plus, with its low calorie count and healthy ingredients, it’s a perfect choice for anyone looking for a nutritious meal that won’t weigh them down.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a show-stopping dish for a dinner party, this Jicama Chicken Saute Recipe is sure to fit the bill. So why not give it a try today? You won’t be disappointed!
Jicama Chicken Saute Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups jicama, julienne-cut
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle the chicken cubes with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the curry powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, onions, crushed red pepper and remaining curry powder; set aside.
- In wok, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken; cook and stir until browned.
- Add jicama and bell pepper to wok.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with peanuts.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.