Juicy Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops for Dinner Tonight
Welcome to my kitchen, where I’m excited to share with you my recipe for Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops. This recipe is one of my all-time favorites, and it’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or a get-together with friends, these pork chops are sure to impress.
The secret to this recipe is in the glaze. A perfect blend of Dijon and grainy mustard, brown sugar, molasses, and cider vinegar give the chops a sweet and tangy flavor that is simply irresistible. The glaze caramelizes perfectly in the oven, creating a beautiful crust that seals in all the juices and flavors of the pork.
I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it’s always been a crowd-pleaser. I love how easy it is to prepare, and how versatile it is. You can serve it with roasted potatoes, green beans, or a side salad. And, if you make a few extra pork chops, you can enjoy them for leftovers the next day.
So, let’s get started! Follow along with me as I show you how to make these mouth-watering Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you in search of a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend grill-out? Look no further than this Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe! Trust me, once you try this recipe, you’ll fall in love with it.
First of all, this recipe combines the tangy and slightly sweet flavors of ground mustard, molasses, cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard. The combination of these ingredients creates a mouth-watering glaze that perfectly complements the juicy and tender bone-in pork chops.
Additionally, this recipe is incredibly versatile. You can easily adjust the ingredients to your liking and experiment with different variations. For example, you can substitute honey mustard for Dijon mustard or add a touch of maple syrup for a sweeter taste.
Furthermore, this recipe is super easy to make. You’ll only need a few ingredients and some basic cooking skills to whip up a delicious meal that will leave your guests impressed. The recipe can be made in under 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner option.
Finally, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner, a dinner party, or a backyard BBQ, this Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe is sure to impress. So why not give it a try? Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Before we get started, let’s gather all the ingredients we need to make these mustard-glazed pork chops. Don’t worry, there’s nothing too fancy or hard to find on this list!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick (about 2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp molasses
Make sure you have all the ingredients on hand before starting the recipe. You can adjust the measurements according to your taste preference.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients, let’s dive into the cooking process. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal and is sure to impress your family or guests with its delicious flavors. Follow these simple steps to make Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops:
Step 1: Brine the Pork Chops
Brining the pork chops is an essential step that makes them tender and juicy. In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of water, 1/3 cup of kosher salt, and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add 2 cups of ice and 2 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick, about 2 lbs), and let them sit in the brine for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: Prepare the Mustard Glaze
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of molasses, and 1 tablespoon of ground mustard until well combined.
Step 3: Sear the Pork Chops
Preheat your oven to 425°F. Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat them dry with paper towels. Season both sides with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear them for 2 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
Step 4: Glaze the Pork Chops
Brush the mustard glaze on both sides of the pork chops and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F. Let the glazed pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
Serve the mustard-glazed pork chops with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. The tangy and sweet flavors of the mustard glaze complement the juicy and tender pork chops perfectly, making this dish a crowd-pleaser.
Now that you know how to make mustard-glazed pork chops, you can impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. Don’t forget to try different variations of the mustard glaze, such as adding maple syrup or whole-grain mustard, to add your own twist to the recipe. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
The great thing about this mustard-glazed pork chops recipe is that there are countless ways to make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Instead of pork chops, you can use boneless pork loin or even pork tenderloin. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
– If you don’t have Dijon mustard, you can use whole grain or spicy brown mustard instead. The flavor will be slightly different, but still delicious.
– For a sweeter glaze, you can use honey mustard or add more brown sugar to the recipe. If you prefer a tangier glaze, add more cider vinegar.
– If you don’t have molasses, you can use maple syrup or honey instead. They will give the glaze a slightly different flavor, but will still be delicious.
– If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can transfer the pork chops to a baking dish for the oven portion of the cooking process.
– For a different flavor profile, you can try adding different spices to the glaze, such as smoked paprika or cumin. You can also add some heat with a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
– To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free mustard and double check that your other ingredients are gluten-free.
– For a different type of meat, you can try this glaze on grilled chicken or even salmon. It works well with a variety of proteins.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and make this recipe your own. With these substitutions and variations, you can create a custom mustard-glazed pork chop recipe that suits your taste preferences.
Serving and Pairing
These mustard-glazed pork chops are a perfect main course for any meal. Not only are they incredibly delicious, but they are also easy to serve and pair with a variety of sides. Here are some suggestions for serving and pairing this dish:
– Mashed potatoes: The creamy texture of mashed potatoes pairs perfectly with the rich and flavorful pork chops. Add some steamed vegetables like green beans, broccoli or carrots to make it a complete meal.
– Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables like asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes are a great option for those looking for a healthier side dish. The caramelized flavors of the vegetables pair well with the sweet and tangy glaze of the pork chops.
– Rice pilaf: A fluffy and fragrant rice pilaf is a great side dish for these pork chops. The rice will soak up the delicious glaze, adding an extra layer of flavor to your meal.
– Salad: A simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing can provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of the pork chops. Add some fruits like apples, pears, or cranberries to add a sweet note to the dish.
– Wine pairing: This dish pairs well with a medium-bodied red wine such as a Pinot Noir or a Chianti. These wines will complement the flavors of the pork chops without overpowering them.
No matter what side dishes or wine you choose, these mustard-glazed pork chops are sure to be a hit at your dinner table. Enjoy!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops recipe is perfect for making ahead of time. You can prepare the pork chops up to 24 hours in advance and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them. Just make sure to cover them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. When reheating, make sure to do it gently and slowly to prevent the pork from becoming tough and dry. You can reheat the pork chops in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop.
To reheat in the oven, preheat it to 350°F and place the pork chops in a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. To reheat in the microwave, place the pork chops on a microwave-safe plate, cover them with a damp paper towel, and microwave them in 30-second intervals until heated through.
If you want to reheat the pork chops on the stovetop, heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
Remember, reheating the pork chops too quickly or at too high of a temperature can cause them to become dry and tough. So, take your time and reheat them gently to ensure that they stay juicy and tender.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your mustard-glazed pork chops turn out perfectly every time, here are some useful tips to keep in mind:
1. The brining process: Brining is a cooking technique that involves soaking the meat in a solution of salt, sugar, and water. This process helps to keep the meat moist and tender, especially when cooking lean cuts like pork chops. For this recipe, I recommend brining the pork chops for at least two hours before cooking.
2. Let Pork Chops Rest: After cooking, allow the pork chops to rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful dish.
3. Use the right mustard: The type of mustard used in this recipe can greatly affect the final taste. I suggest using a combination of Dijon mustard and grainy mustard for a balanced flavor profile.
4. Preheat oven to the right temperature: Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) to ensure that the pork chops cook evenly and reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
5. Use a cast iron skillet: A cast iron skillet is perfect for this recipe as it retains heat well and can be used both on the stovetop and in the oven.
6. Monitor cooking time: Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, the cooking time may vary. I suggest checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer after 20 minutes of baking and then every few minutes thereafter until the desired temperature is reached.
7. Use a glaze with honey or maple syrup: For a sweeter and more complex flavor, try using a glaze made with honey or maple syrup instead of brown sugar. This will give your pork chops a rich and decadent taste that pairs well with the tangy mustard.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your mustard-glazed pork chops turn out perfectly every time. Experiment with different variations and substitutions to find the perfect recipe that suits your taste buds.
Before we wrap up this recipe, let’s take a look at some frequently asked questions to help you get the most out of this delicious mustard-glazed pork chops recipe. From ingredient substitutions to cooking times, these FAQs will help you troubleshoot any issues you may encounter while preparing this dish.
Is mustard a good binder for pork chops?
Mustard is a versatile ingredient that can serve as more than just a condiment for your hot dogs and burgers. Apart from being a base for delicious dipping sauces, it can also be used as a dry rub for meats such as steaks, chicken, and pork. So, if you’re looking for a new twist to your meat dishes, you might want to try using mustard as a rub.
What is the secret to juicy pork chops?
As a chef, I know that selecting the appropriate pork chop cut is crucial to achieving a delectable dish. Additionally, although brining pork chops is a common practice, it is not essential for a scrumptious outcome. Prior to cooking, it is essential to allow the meat to rest on the counter, and when it comes to pork chops, fat is a critical component in retaining moisture. Lastly, overcooking pork chops can result in a dry and tough texture, so it’s vital to avoid this mistake and give them time to rest.
What’s the best way to cook pork chops to make them tender?
As a culinary expert, I highly recommend using thick-cut bone-in pork chops for a delectable meal. Thin cuts may not sear as desired in the time it takes to cook them through. Therefore, it’s best to skip the brining process and season your pork chops generously.
Allow your pork chops to rest before cooking to ensure they cook evenly. To sear your pork chops perfectly, heat your skillet to medium-high heat. Baste your pork chops to retain their moisture and flavor. Once cooked, let them rest again before serving.
With these simple tips, you can create mouth-watering pork chops that are sure to impress your guests.
Why do you soak pork chops in milk?
Brining is a fantastic technique for tenderizing meat, including pork. By soaking the meat in a brine, it becomes more receptive to absorbing the flavors of the brine while also preventing it from becoming dry when cooked. Chef Missy Hui guarantees that brining with milk will result in the most delicious pork chop you’ve ever tasted.
In conclusion, this Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe is a delicious and easy way to elevate your weeknight dinners or impress your guests at a dinner party. The combination of ground mustard, molasses, cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard creates a flavorful and tangy glaze that perfectly complements the juicy and tender pork chops.
With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, this recipe is perfect for cooks of all levels. Plus, it allows for substitutions and variations to cater to your personal taste preferences, making it a versatile and customizable dish.
Whether you serve it with a side of roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or rice, this mustard-glazed pork chops recipe is sure to become a family favorite. So why not give it a try and impress your loved ones with your culinary skills? Trust me, they won’t be disappointed.
Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 6 pork loin chops with bone (6 oz. each)
- In a saucepan, add the brown sugar, dijon mustard, vinegar, molasses, and ground mustard.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth and blended.
- Bring mixture to a boil, over medium heat; stir often.
- Lower heat, cover pan and simmer 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Place chops in a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon sauce over chops; turn chops to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until juices run clear; baste occasionally.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.