Welcome to my kitchen, where I will share with you my delicious recipe for Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti. This pasta dish is perfect for those who are looking for a light and healthy meal option without compromising on flavor.
Pasta al limone, or lemon pasta, is a classic Italian dish that is loved by many. The combination of tangy lemon and rich butter creates a mouth-watering creamy sauce that perfectly coats the spaghetti. This recipe is also Kosher-Dairy, making it a great option for those who follow a Kosher diet.
I have created my own twist on this classic dish by making it low-fat without sacrificing any of the flavor. By using unsalted butter and fresh lemon juice, we can cut down on the fat content without compromising on the taste.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy 30-minute meal that will impress your family and friends. So, let’s get started on making this delicious Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of pasta dishes but trying to watch your fat intake? Look no further than this Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe!
This dish offers all the flavor and satisfaction of a classic pasta dish, but with a healthier twist. The combination of fresh lemon juice, parsley, and garlic creates a zesty and fragrant flavor, while the low-fat butter provides a creamy texture without the added calories.
Not only is this pasta recipe low-fat, but it’s also kosher-dairy, making it a versatile option for those with dietary restrictions. Plus, it’s a quick and easy 30-minute meal that will have you feeling like a gourmet chef in no time.
Whether you’re trying to stay on track with your fitness goals or simply looking for a delicious and healthy meal, this Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe is sure to impress. Give it a try and see for yourself why it’s become a go-to for pasta lovers everywhere.
Before we start cooking, let’s make sure we have all the ingredients we need to make this delicious Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
All the ingredients are easy to find and affordable. You can buy them at any grocery store, and you may already have most of them in your kitchen. This low-fat recipe uses unsalted butter and extra-virgin olive oil instead of regular butter to keep the dish lighter. The garlic, lemon, and parsley add a burst of flavor to the dish, while kosher salt and black pepper add seasoning.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s dive into the recipe. This Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe is a quick and easy garlic pasta dish that is perfect for any night of the week.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
Begin by boiling a large pot of salted water. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, around 8-10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the cooked spaghetti, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the skillet. Toss everything together until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
Add the chopped parsley, lemon zest, and grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet. Toss everything together until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well coated.
Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges on the side.
Tips for Perfect Results
- Be sure to reserve pasta water before draining the pasta. This starchy water is perfect for thickening the sauce and making it extra creamy.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best flavor. Pre-grated cheese may contain added starch and have a different texture.
- Adjust the amount of lemon juice to your liking. If you prefer a more tart flavor, add more lemon juice.
- For a vegan option, substitute the butter for vegan butter and omit the Parmesan cheese.
This Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe is a perfect example of how simple ingredients can come together to create a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to switch things up with this Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe, there are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can try out. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
– Vegan Lemon Spaghetti: To make this recipe vegan, simply swap out the butter for a vegan butter substitute, and use olive oil instead of heavy cream. You can also add some pine nuts or toasted breadcrumbs for some extra texture.
– Garlic Shrimp Pasta: For a seafood twist, add some cooked shrimp to the recipe. Simply cook the shrimp in a separate pan with some garlic and olive oil, and then add it to the pasta when it’s done.
– Pasta with Artichokes and Capers: If you’re a fan of artichokes and capers, this variation is for you. Add some chopped artichoke hearts and capers to the recipe, and you’ll have a delicious, tangy pasta dish that’s sure to impress.
– Lemon Butter Chicken Pasta: For a heartier meal, add some cooked chicken breast to the recipe. Simply cook the chicken in a separate pan with some garlic and butter, and then add it to the pasta when it’s done.
– Creamy Lemon Pasta Sauce: If you prefer a creamier sauce, you can add some heavy cream to the recipe. Simply whisk in some cream with the butter and lemon juice, and you’ll have a rich, velvety sauce that’s perfect for pasta.
No matter which variation you choose, this Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe is sure to be a hit. So go ahead and get creative in the kitchen – the possibilities are endless!
Serving and Pairing
This low-fat butter and lemon spaghetti recipe is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or a side dish. It pairs well with a variety of proteins, including grilled chicken breast, shrimp, or even artichokes and capers for a vegetarian option.
To make it a complete meal, I recommend serving it with a side salad or roasted vegetables. The light and refreshing lemon flavor of the pasta complements the bold flavors of roasted vegetables, such as asparagus or Brussels sprouts, perfectly.
For a more indulgent meal, you can top the spaghetti with some grated Parmesan cheese or a drizzle of heavy cream. It will transform the dish into a rich and creamy pasta that everyone will love.
To round out the meal, you can serve it with a glass of white wine, such as a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or a buttery Chardonnay. The lemon flavor in the dish pairs well with the acidity of white wine, making it a perfect pairing for a summer evening dinner.
Overall, this low-fat butter and lemon spaghetti is a flexible dish that can be served in many ways depending on your taste and dietary needs. Whether you’re looking for a light and refreshing meal or a more indulgent dish, this recipe has got you covered.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this low-fat butter and lemon spaghetti recipe is that it is incredibly easy to make ahead, store, and reheat. This is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to prepare dinner but still want a delicious meal.
To make this recipe ahead of time, simply cook the spaghetti according to the instructions and prepare the sauce. Once the spaghetti is cooked, toss it with the sauce and let it cool to room temperature. Then, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When you are ready to reheat the spaghetti, you have a few options. One option is to reheat it in the microwave for a quick and easy meal. Simply place the spaghetti in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it on high for 1-2 minutes, or until it is heated through.
Another option is to reheat the spaghetti on the stovetop. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti and sauce to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through.
If you want to make this recipe even more convenient, you can also freeze it for later. Simply transfer the cooled spaghetti to a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat it, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it using one of the methods described above.
Overall, this low-fat butter and lemon spaghetti recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and easy meal that can be made ahead of time and reheated easily. It’s a great option for busy weeknights or for meal prep.
Tips for Perfect Results
Cooking pasta might seem like a simple task, but there are a few tips and tricks that can help you take your dish to the next level. Here are my top tips for perfect results when making Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti:
1. Use a large pot: When cooking spaghetti, always use a large pot with plenty of water. This ensures that the pasta has enough space to cook evenly and doesn’t stick together.
2. Salt the water: Don’t forget to add salt to the water. Kosher salt is my go-to, and I usually add about 1-2 tablespoons to 4-6 quarts of water. This helps to flavor the pasta from the inside out.
3. Cook the pasta al dente: Be sure to cook the spaghetti until it’s al dente, which means it’s cooked but still has a bit of a bite to it. This usually takes around 8-10 minutes, but be sure to check the package instructions for the specific type of pasta you’re using.
4. Reserve pasta water: Before draining the pasta, be sure to reserve a cup or two of the cooking water. This starchy water can be used to thin out the sauce and help it cling to the noodles.
5. Use fresh lemon juice: When making the sauce, use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled. This adds a bright, tangy flavor that can’t be replicated with the pre-packaged stuff.
6. Don’t skimp on the butter: While this recipe is low fat, it still calls for a few tablespoons of butter. Don’t skimp on it, as it adds richness and depth of flavor to the dish.
7. Toast the pine nuts: If you’re adding pine nuts to the dish, be sure to toast them first. This brings out their nutty flavor and gives them a nice crunch.
8. Garnish with fresh parsley: Once the dish is ready, garnish it with a handful of fresh parsley. Not only does it add a pop of color, but it also adds a bright, fresh flavor that pairs perfectly with the lemony sauce.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delicious and flavorful plate of Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti that’s sure to impress. Bon appétit!
In conclusion, this Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti recipe is a must-try for any pasta enthusiast who wants to enjoy a delicious yet healthy meal. With its simple yet flavorful ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a quick and satisfying 30-minute meal that will leave you wanting more.
Whether you’re a fan of garlic shrimp pasta or lemon chicken pasta, this recipe has got you covered. It’s also versatile enough to allow for substitutions and variations, making it perfect for those who like to experiment with flavors.
So, don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. Trust me, they won’t believe that this creamy and delicious pasta dish is low fat!
Low Fat Butter & Lemon Spaghetti (Kosher-Dairy) Recipe
- 500 g spaghetti (or other desired pasta)
- 100 g butter (without salt)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 100 g parsley, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook spaghetti as directed, make sure it's el dante (=ready but still a bit firm).
- Sieve - do not rinse.
- In the same pot, melt butter - make sure it stays white - add garlic, lemon and parsley and stir.
- Add spaghetti and mix it all together.
- Add salt as desired.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.