Welcome to my kitchen where I’ll be sharing with you my recipe for Eggplant Walnut Pâté by Dr. Andrew Weil. This is an incredibly healthy and delicious recipe that you’ll love, whether you’re a vegetarian or not. I’m excited to share this recipe with you because it is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy and flavorful dip, spread, or snack.
Eggplant Walnut Pâté is a delicious and healthy recipe that brings together the flavors of eggplant, walnuts, garlic, and spices. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor. It’s also great for those who are looking for a vegetarian or vegan option that is rich in nutrients and flavor.
This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also easy to make. You’ll only need a few ingredients and some basic kitchen tools to make this recipe. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a beginner, you’ll be able to make this recipe with ease.
So, why not give it a try? I guarantee that you’ll love this Eggplant Walnut Pâté recipe by Dr. Andrew Weil. It’s perfect for snacking, spreading on toast, or as a dip for vegetables. So, let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious appetizer, then look no further than this Eggplant Walnut Pate by Dr. Andrew Weil. This recipe is perfect for those who are health conscious and want to achieve a better body life spirit.
Firstly, this recipe is packed with healthy ingredients that will nourish your body. Eggplants are low in calories, high in fiber, and rich in antioxidants. Walnut pieces are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for good heart health. Garlic cloves, which are used in this recipe, provide numerous health benefits, including boosting the immune system and reducing inflammation.
Secondly, this eggplant walnut pate is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. You don’t need to be a professional chef to make this recipe. All you need is a blender and a few simple ingredients, and you’re good to go.
Thirdly, this recipe is versatile and can be served in various ways. You can spread it on toast, use it as a dip for vegetables, or serve it as a side dish. The pate also pairs well with stir-fried or fried eggplant, cilantro, and pomegranate sauce.
Lastly, this recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pates. It’s low in calories, vegan, and gluten-free, making it suitable for anyone with dietary restrictions.
In conclusion, this Eggplant Walnut Pate by Dr. Andrew Weil is an excellent recipe that you’ll love. It’s healthy, easy to make, versatile, and delicious. It’s perfect for those who are health-conscious and want to achieve a better body life spirit. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how tasty and nutritious it is?
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this Eggplant Walnut Pate recipe:
1 large Eggplant
1 cup Walnut Pieces
2 cloves Garlic, peeled and grated finely
2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
Pomegranate Sauce, for serving
Cilantro, for garnish
Make sure to choose a large eggplant that is firm and shiny. You’ll need to toast the walnut pieces before using them in the recipe, as this will bring out their nutty flavor. The garlic and ginger should be peeled and grated or chopped finely to ensure they distribute evenly throughout the pate. The olive oil and salt will add flavor and help bring all the ingredients together. The ground allspice is a unique addition that adds a warm, sweet flavor to the pate. Don’t forget the pomegranate sauce for serving, which adds a tangy, fruity element to the dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro for an extra burst of flavor.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the reasons why you will love this eggplant walnut pate recipe, let’s dive into the steps on how to make it. This recipe is quite simple, and you will only need a few ingredients to prepare it.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, and brush the flesh side with olive oil.
- Place the eggplant halves on a baking sheet, flesh side down.
- Roast the eggplant in the oven until the flesh is soft and tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- While waiting for the eggplant to cool, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the walnut pieces, and stir-fry them for 2-3 minutes, or until they are toasted and fragrant.
- Remove the walnuts from the heat, and let them cool.
- In a food processor, combine the eggplant flesh, toasted walnuts, ground allspice, grated garlic, grated ginger, and salt.
- Pulse the mixture until it forms a thick paste.
- Taste the pate and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Transfer the pate to a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro and drizzle with pomegranate sauce.
- Serve with crackers, bread, or raw vegetables.
Tips for Perfect Results
- Make sure to brush the eggplant with olive oil before roasting it. This will help to keep the flesh moist and tender.
- Toasting the walnuts brings out their natural oils and enhances their flavor. Be careful not to over-toast the walnuts, as they can easily burn.
- Use fresh ginger and garlic for the best flavor.
- Adjust the seasoning of the pate to your taste. You can add more salt or spices if desired.
- Let the pate sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and create a more complex taste.
Follow these steps and tips to make a delicious eggplant walnut pate that will impress your guests and satisfy your taste buds.
Substitutions and Variations
There are several ways to customize this Eggplant Walnut Pâté recipe to suit your preferences or dietary needs. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Instead of allspice, you can use cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom for a different spice flavor.
– If you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can use almonds, cashews, or pine nuts instead.
– For a vegan version, omit the yogurt and use a non-dairy yogurt substitute or leave it out entirely.
– If you want a spicier pâté, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to taste.
– To make the recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free bread crumbs or omit them altogether.
– For a different texture, you can try roasting the eggplant instead of stir-frying it. Simply cut the eggplant into rounds, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
– To add some sweetness and tanginess to the pâté, serve it with a drizzle of pomegranate sauce and some chopped cilantro on top.
– You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to flavor the pâté, such as rosemary, thyme, or basil.
Remember that cooking is all about creativity and experimentation, so don’t be afraid to try new things and make this recipe your own.
Serving and Pairing
This eggplant walnut pate is a versatile dish that can be served in many ways. It makes a great appetizer or snack and pairs well with a variety of foods. One way to serve it is as a dip with pita bread, crackers or veggie sticks. The creamy texture of the pate combined with the crunchiness of the pita bread, crackers or veggies create a delicious contrast of textures.
Another way to serve this dish is as a spread on toast or bagels. You can also add some fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley to give it a pop of color and flavor. This would make a perfect breakfast or brunch dish, or even a light lunch.
For a more substantial meal, you can stir-fry some eggplant and serve it on a bed of rice with a dollop of the eggplant walnut pate on top. The nutty flavor of the pate complements the sweetness of the stir-fried eggplant, and the rice provides a neutral base that lets the flavors shine.
To elevate this dish even further, you can add a drizzle of pomegranate sauce on top. The tangy and slightly sweet flavor of the sauce pairs perfectly with the nutty and savory flavors of the pate. You can also garnish with some fresh cilantro or parsley to add some color and freshness.
Lastly, this eggplant walnut pate pairs well with a variety of wines, especially red wines like a Syrah or a Cabernet Sauvignon. The nutty and savory flavors of the pate complement the tannins and fruitiness of the wines, creating a well-balanced pairing.
In summary, this eggplant walnut pate is a versatile dish that can be served in many ways and pairs well with a variety of foods and wines.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Eggplant Walnut Pate is a great option for meal prep or entertaining guests, as it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until needed. Once the pate has been prepared, allow it to cool to room temperature before covering it with plastic wrap and storing it in the refrigerator. It will keep well for up to five days.
To reheat the pate, simply remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to take the chill off. Alternatively, you can place it in a heatproof dish and heat it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, until it is heated through.
If you have any leftovers, they can easily be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. You can also freeze the pate for up to three months, but keep in mind that the texture may change a bit after being frozen and thawed.
When serving the Eggplant Walnut Pate, it pairs well with a variety of items, such as crackers, sliced vegetables, or toasted bread. For an extra burst of flavor, consider topping it with a spoonful of pomegranate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients and know how to make this delicious Eggplant Walnut Pate, let me share with you some tips to ensure that you get perfect results every time you make it.
Firstly, make sure you use fresh and high-quality ingredients. This will make a huge difference in the flavor and texture of the final dish. Look for eggplants that are firm and shiny, and walnut pieces that are not rancid or stale.
When preparing the eggplant, try to cut it into even pieces so that they cook evenly. Also, make sure to salt the eggplant before cooking it. This will help to remove the bitterness and excess moisture from the vegetable.
When frying the eggplant, do not overcrowd the pan. This will cause the eggplant to steam, rather than fry, and it will become mushy. Instead, fry the eggplant in batches, making sure to drain it on paper towels after cooking.
Toasting the walnuts will bring out their nutty flavor and add a nice crunch to the pate. Make sure to keep an eye on them while toasting, so they do not burn.
When blending the ingredients together, start with the eggplant and garlic, and gradually add the other ingredients. This will help to ensure that everything is evenly combined and that the pate has a smooth texture.
Finally, if you are looking to add some extra flavor to the pate, try serving it with a drizzle of pomegranate sauce or some fresh cilantro on top. It will add a pop of color and flavor to the dish.
By following these tips, you will be able to make a delicious Eggplant Walnut Pate that will impress your family and friends. Enjoy!
In conclusion, the Eggplant Walnut Pate by Dr. Andrew Weil is a perfect addition to your healthy kitchen recipes. This recipe combines the best ingredients that are not only delicious but also provide a lot of health benefits. By using extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, and ground allspice, you are adding antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds to your diet. The walnut pieces, on the other hand, provide healthy fats that are good for your heart and brain.
This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste. You can substitute some of the ingredients or add your own twist to create a unique version of the Eggplant Walnut Pate. It is also versatile and can be used as a dip or a spread. You can pair it with crackers, bread, or vegetables to make a healthy snack or an appetizer for any occasion.
Moreover, this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to four days. You can also freeze it for a longer shelf life. The Eggplant Walnut Pate is perfect for meal planning, and you can enjoy it anytime you want without worrying about preparing something from scratch.
In summary, the Eggplant Walnut Pate by Dr. Andrew Weil is a delicious and healthy recipe that you should try. It is easy to make, versatile, and can be customized to suit your taste. By adding this recipe to your healthy kitchen recipes, you are not only enjoying a delicious meal but also taking care of your body and life spirit. Don’t hesitate to try it today and experience the amazing flavors and health benefits of this recipe.
Eggplant Walnut Pate by Dr Andrew Weil Recipe
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled, grated and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F Pierce the eggplant with a fork in several places and bake until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, grind the walnuts in a food processor until very fine, and set aside.
- Remove the eggplant from oven, slash to let steam escape, drain off any liquid, and scrape the pulp into a food processor with the ginger root, garlic and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Add the ground walnuts and allspice, and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with the salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon into a small loaf dish and chill several hours or until firm.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.