Welcome to my Cuban Breeze recipe! As a chef, I have had the opportunity to explore many different cuisines and drinks, and this cocktail recipe is one of my favorites. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked on this refreshing tropical style drink with a hint of almonds.
This cocktail combines amaretto vodka, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice to create a unique and delicious flavor. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, having a girls’ night, or just want to enjoy a drink on a little fall day.
But don’t just take my word for it. Try it out for yourself and see what difference Bay Breeze, Sea Breeze, and Cuban Breeze make in a cocktail. This recipe is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients, so let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you craving a refreshing tropical-style drink that will transport you to the sunny beaches of Cuba? Look no further than the Cuban Breeze cocktail. This cocktail recipe combines amaretto vodka, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice to create a delicious and unique flavor profile that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds.
What sets the Cuban Breeze cocktail apart from other tropical cocktails is the hint of almonds from the amaretto vodka. This flavor note adds a depth and complexity to the drink that you won’t find in other fruity cocktails. Plus, the combination of sweet pineapple juice and tart grapefruit juice creates a balanced flavor that’s not too overpowering.
One of the best things about the Cuban Breeze cocktail is how easy it is to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a cocktail shaker, you can whip up this refreshing drink in no time. Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or just want to enjoy a cocktail on the porch, the Cuban Breeze is the perfect drink for any occasion.
Not only is the Cuban Breeze cocktail delicious, but it’s also a great conversation starter. Impress your guests with your mixology skills and tell them all about the origins of the drink. The Cuban Breeze cocktail was inspired by the Bay Breeze and Sea Breeze cocktails, but with a unique Cuban twist.
So the next time you’re in the mood for a refreshing drink that’s easy to make and full of flavor, give the Cuban Breeze cocktail a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Here’s everything you need to make a refreshing Cuban Breeze cocktail that will transport you straight to the tropical beaches of Cuba. This cocktail recipe combines amaretto, vodka, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice for a refreshing tropical-style drink with a hint of almonds.
- 2 ounces (60 ml) vodka
- 1 oz (30 ml) amaretto
- 3 ounces (90 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 ounce (30 ml) grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce (30 ml) cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple wedge and lime wedge for garnish
We recommend using high-quality ingredients to ensure the best taste. For the vodka, we suggest using a premium brand such as Havana Club 3 Year Old Rum. For the amaretto, we recommend using Disaronno. For the pineapple juice, we suggest using fresh juice, but canned juice will work as well. Make sure to have plenty of ice cubes on hand, as this drink is best served cold. You can also add a splash of orange juice or substitute the grapefruit juice for a different variation.
The Recipe How-To
Now for the fun part – let’s make this Cuban Breeze cocktail! Before we start, make sure to gather all the ingredients and equipment needed. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 oz of rum
- 1 oz of vodka
- 1 oz of amaretto
- 3 oz of pineapple juice
- 3 oz of cranberry juice
- 1 oz of grapefruit juice
- 1 oz of lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple wedge, lime wedge, or grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Cocktail shaker
- Hurricane glass
- Muddler (optional)
Now that you have everything you need, let’s start making the cocktail.
- Fill the hurricane glass with ice cubes to chill it.
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in 2 oz of rum, 1 oz of vodka, and 1 oz of amaretto.
- Add 3 oz of pineapple juice, 3 oz of cranberry juice, 1 oz of grapefruit juice, and 1 oz of lime juice.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds until the drink is well-mixed and chilled.
- Discard the ice from the hurricane glass and fill it with fresh ice cubes.
- Pour the cocktail into the hurricane glass over the ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge, lime wedge, or grapefruit wedge.
And voila! You have just made a refreshing and tropical-style Cuban Breeze cocktail. Enjoy it with friends and family, or treat yourself to a little taste of Cuba at home.
Substitutions and Variations
The Cuban Breeze recipe is a versatile and flexible drink that can be adjusted according to your preferences. Here are some substitutions and variations that you can try to make the drink even more exciting:
– If you want to make a non-alcoholic version of the Cuban Breeze, you can replace the rum with orange juice or coconut water. This will give the drink a tropical and refreshing taste without the alcohol.
– You can also experiment with different types of rum to give the drink a unique twist. Try using aged rum for a smoother and richer flavor or spiced rum for a more robust taste.
– For a sweeter drink, you can add a splash of grenadine or simple syrup to the mix. This will balance out the tartness of the grapefruit juice and give the drink a fruity and sweet taste.
– If you prefer a stronger drink, you can increase the amount of rum in the recipe. Be careful not to overdo it, though, as too much alcohol can overpower the other flavors in the drink.
– To make the Cuban Breeze even more refreshing, you can add a few mint leaves to the mix. This will give the drink a cool and minty flavor that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
– If you want to make a more elaborate version of the Cuban Breeze, you can garnish the glass with a lime wedge or a pineapple wedge. This will add a pop of color to the drink and make it look even more appealing.
Whether you want to make a non-alcoholic version of the Cuban Breeze or experiment with different types of rum, there are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can try. Don’t be afraid to get creative and come up with your own twists on this refreshing tropical cocktail recipe.
Serving and Pairing
The Cuban Breeze cocktail is a refreshing tropical style drink that is perfect for sipping on a warm summer day. To serve, fill a hurricane glass with ice cubes and fill it with the cocktail. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a lime wedge. The juice and fruit garnish will give a sweet and tangy flavor to the cocktail, making it a delight to the eyes and taste buds.
The Cuban Breeze cocktail pairs well with a variety of dishes, including spicy seafood, grilled chicken, and tropical fruit salads. The sweet and tangy flavors of the cocktail complement the spices in the seafood and the smoky flavor of the grilled chicken. The tropical fruit salad pairs well with the fruity flavors of the cocktail, creating a harmonious balance of sweetness and acidity.
For those who prefer non-alcoholic drinks, this cocktail can be made without the rum. Simply substitute the rum with orange juice, and you will have a delicious and refreshing mocktail that anyone can enjoy.
Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or relaxing by the pool, the Cuban Breeze cocktail is the perfect drink to cool you down and add a tropical twist to your day.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Cuban Breeze Recipe is a perfect drink to make-ahead for a party or gathering. You can prepare the cocktail ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. To make sure the drink stays fresh, keep it in an airtight container or a pitcher with a lid.
If you have leftovers, you can store the Cuban Breeze in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, it is best to consume it as soon as possible to enjoy its full flavor and freshness.
When reheating the cocktail, make sure to do it over low heat to prevent the alcohol from evaporating. You can also add some ice cubes to the mixture to chill it down before serving.
To make the drink extra special, you can add some fresh lime juice and a lime wedge as a garnish. The lime juice will give the cocktail a tangy kick while the lime wedge adds a decorative touch.
Overall, the Cuban Breeze Recipe is a refreshing tropical-style drink that can be enjoyed on any occasion. With its delicious blend of rum, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, and pineapple juice, it’s the perfect cocktail to make-ahead, store, and reheat for your next get-together.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making a Cuban Breeze cocktail, there are a few things to keep in mind if you want to achieve the perfect balance of flavors. Here are some tips to help you make the best Cuban Breeze cocktail possible:
1. Use fresh juices: To get the most flavor out of your Cuban Breeze cocktail, it is essential to use fresh juices. Avoid using bottled juices, as they can be overly sweet and lack the complexity of fresh juices.
2. Don’t skimp on the rum: The rum is a critical component of the Cuban Breeze cocktail, and using a high-quality rum will make all the difference. We recommend using Havana Club 3-year-old rum, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
3. Use the right glassware: The Cuban Breeze cocktail is traditionally served in a hurricane glass filled with ice cubes. Using the right glassware not only looks great, but it also helps keep your drink cold for longer.
4. Garnish your drink: A Cuban Breeze cocktail isn’t complete without a lime or pineapple wedge garnish. It adds a touch of freshness and makes your drink look more enticing.
5. Experiment with variations: While the Cuban Breeze cocktail is a delicious drink on its own, it can also be fun to experiment with variations. Try adding a splash of orange juice or substituting vodka for rum to create a new flavor profile.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making the perfect Cuban Breeze cocktail every time. So grab your ingredients, mix them up, and enjoy a refreshing tropical-style drink with a hint of almonds and a lot of flavor.
Now, let’s move on to the frequently asked questions about the Cuban Breeze recipe. Below are some of the common inquiries that I often receive from my customers about this cocktail. I hope that these answers will help you in making this refreshing tropical style drink at home.
What is Malibu Bay Breeze made of?
One of my favorite discoveries while experimenting with leftover Malibu liquor was the refreshing Malibu bay breeze cocktail. With just three simple ingredients of coconut rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice, this drink is both flavorful and easy to make. It’s perfect for those warm summer days or as a tasty addition to any party menu.
What’s the difference between a bay breeze and a seabreeze?
When it comes to cocktails, the bay breeze and sea breeze are quite similar with only a subtle difference between the two. The bay breeze is a delightful blend of cranberry and pineapple juice, whereas the sea breeze swaps out the pineapple juice for grapefruit juice. It’s amazing how small changes can make a big difference in taste!
How do you make Cabo?
For this cocktail recipe, we’ll need a shot and a half of white tequila, a quarter ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice, and three ounces of pineapple juice.
What is a typical Cuban cocktail?
Some of the most iconic cocktails in the world originate from the tropical island of Cuba. From the refreshing Mojito to the sweet and creamy Piña Colada, these drinks have become staples in bars and restaurants all around the globe. Another famous Cuban cocktail is the Daiquiri, a tangy and zesty concoction that has been enjoyed by many for decades. The Cuba Libre, a classic highball made with rum and cola, is also a popular choice among cocktail enthusiasts. The El Presidente, a potent blend of rum, vermouth, and grenadine, is another Cuban creation that has stood the test of time. And last but not least, there’s the Saoco, a refreshing mix of coconut water, rum, and lime juice that is perfect for sipping on a hot day.
In conclusion, the Cuban Breeze cocktail recipe is the perfect drink to refresh you on a hot summer day or to impress your guests at a party. With its tropical and refreshing taste, this cocktail recipe combines the fruity flavors of pineapple, grapefruit, and cranberry juice with the hint of almonds provided by the amaretto and vodka creme de almond.
Whether you’re a fan of the classic bay breeze or sea breeze cocktails, or you want to try something new, the Cuban Breeze recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Plus, with its easy-to-follow instructions and customizable variations, you can make this cocktail your own.
So gather your ingredients, grab your hurricane glass filled with ice cubes, and pour yourself a delicious Cuban Breeze cocktail garnished with a pineapple wedge and a lime juice garnish. And if you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a splash of orange juice or swapping out the rum for Havana Club 3-year-old rum for a different twist.
At the end of the day, the Cuban Breeze cocktail recipe is a refreshing and delightful drink that will transport you to a tropical paradise with just one sip. So go ahead and make yourself a Cuban Breeze today and enjoy the taste of little falls, Tampa, FL, in the comfort of your own home. Cheers!
Cuban Breeze Recipe
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces havana club 3-year-old rum (I used dark rum)
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- lime wedge, to decorate
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes and add cranberry juice.
- Put some ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, add the rum and grapefruit juice, and shake to mix.
- Strain the mixture over the cranberry juice and decorate with lime wedges.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.