Comforting Chicken and Stars Soup Recipe
Welcome to my cozy kitchen where I’m going to share with you my recipe for one of my favorite comfort foods: Chicken and Stars Soup. This soup is perfect for those chilly days when all you want to do is snuggle up on the couch with a warm bowl of soup in your hands.
This soup recipe has been passed down in my family for generations, and I’ve added my own twist to it. The combination of the tender chicken and star-shaped pasta swimming in a flavorful broth will leave you feeling satisfied and comforted.
I’m excited to share this recipe with you because it’s simple, easy to make, and it’s perfect for those times when you’re short on time but still want a hearty meal. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out, this recipe is easy to follow and will leave you with a delicious and satisfying meal.
So, grab your apron and let’s get started on making the perfect bowl of Chicken and Stars Soup.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you feeling under the weather or just need a cozy, comforting meal? Look no further than this Chicken and Stars Soup recipe! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also loaded with nutrients to help you feel better in no time.
This soup is perfect for any time of year, whether you’re battling a cold in the winter or just need a warm hug in the fall. The star-shaped pasta adds a fun touch to the dish, making it perfect for kids and adults alike. Plus, the creamy chicken broth is sure to warm your soul and leave you feeling satisfied.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s customizable to your liking. If you prefer a vegetarian option, you can easily swap out the chicken for a vegetarian chicken substitute. You can also add in your favorite veggies, such as mushrooms or bell peppers, to give the soup an extra boost of flavor.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken. Simply shred the chicken and add it to the soup for a quick and easy meal. Plus, the soup can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
Overall, this Chicken and Stars Soup recipe is the perfect addition to your meal rotation. It’s easy to make, customizable, and packed with flavor. You’ll love the cozy and comforting feeling it brings to your table. So go ahead, give it a try and let us know what you think!
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup star-shaped pasta or small pasta
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
This chicken and stars soup recipe calls for simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. To make this soup, you will need olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, garlic cloves, chicken broth (or water), star-shaped pasta (or small pasta), chicken, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper. Using flavorful ingredients like fresh parsley and garlic will enhance the taste of the soup. The star-shaped pasta adds a fun touch to the soup and makes it more appealing to kids. You can substitute the chicken with a vegetarian chicken option or leave it out altogether for a vegan version.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all the necessary ingredients, it’s time to put them all together to make this delicious Chicken and Stars Soup. Follow these instructions to make the perfect soup that will warm your heart and soul.
Step 1: Prep the Vegetables
Start by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 diced white onion, 2 cups of diced carrots, and 2 cups of diced celery. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add 4 minced garlic cloves and cook for an additional minute.
Step 2: Add the Broth and Chicken
To the pot, add 8 cups of chicken broth or water with 2 tablespoons of Better than Bouillon Chicken Base. Add 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs that have been cut into chunks. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Pasta
Once the chicken is cooked through, add 1 cup of star-shaped pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
Step 4: Finish the Soup
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it into small pieces using two forks. Then, add the shredded chicken back into the pot. Season the soup with 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
Step 5: Serve
Ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top. Enjoy the cozy and comforting taste of this creamy Chicken and Stars Soup that will warm you up on the coldest of days.
Substitutions and Variations
There are plenty of ways to make this chicken and stars soup recipe your own! Here are some substitutions and variations to try:
– Vegetarian chicken: If you want to make this soup vegetarian or vegan, you can use a meatless chicken substitute instead of real chicken. There are many plant-based chicken products available in grocery stores these days, so you can choose whatever brand you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as meatless chicken products don’t need as much time to cook as real chicken.
– Campbell’s chicken noodle soup: If you’re short on time or ingredients, you can use a can of Campbell’s condensed chicken noodle soup as a base for your soup. Just add some extra chicken broth or water to thin it out, and then add in your own diced vegetables and star-shaped pasta. This is a great option for a quick and easy meal.
– Different pasta shapes: If you don’t have star-shaped pasta on hand or just want to mix things up, you can use any other small pasta shape instead. Some good options include alphabet pasta, ditalini, orzo, or small shells. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the pasta you choose.
– Homemade chicken broth: While store-bought chicken broth works perfectly well in this recipe, you can also make your own homemade broth for an extra special touch. Just roast a chicken in the oven or use leftover chicken bones and simmer them with water and aromatics like onion, celery, and parsley for several hours until you have a flavorful broth.
– Different vegetables: While the classic combination of onion, carrot, and celery is delicious, you can also use other vegetables in this soup if you prefer. Some good options include diced potatoes, sweet potato, butternut squash, or zucchini. You can also add some leafy greens like spinach or kale for extra nutrition.
– Creamy chicken stars soup: If you want to make this soup extra creamy and comforting, you can add a splash of heavy cream or half-and-half at the end of cooking. This will give the soup a richer, smoother texture and make it even more satisfying on a chilly day.
Serving and Pairing
This cozy chicken and stars soup is a perfect comfort food to serve on a cold winter day. It’s hearty and flavorful, and pairs well with a side salad and some crusty bread.
For a light and refreshing side, try a simple mixed greens salad with a lemon vinaigrette. The acidity in the dressing will cut through the richness of the soup and provide a nice contrast of flavors.
If you’re looking for a heartier side, serve the soup with some crusty bread or garlic bread. The bread will soak up the broth and make for a satisfying bite.
To elevate the flavors of the soup, sprinkle some chopped parsley on top before serving. The fresh herb adds a pop of color and a subtle freshness to the dish.
If you’re serving the soup for a crowd, consider setting up a soup bar with various toppings and garnishes. Some popular options include shredded cheese, croutons, chopped scallions, and hot sauce. This allows your guests to customize their bowl of soup and make it their own.
This soup also pairs well with a light-bodied white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. The acidity in the wine complements the acidity in the soup and cleanses the palate between bites.
Overall, this chicken and stars soup is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as a starter. With its comforting flavors and easy preparation, it’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This chicken and stars soup is a perfect dish for meal prep and can be made ahead of time. Once cooked, let it cool down and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply pour the soup into a pot and heat it up over medium heat until it comes to a boil. You may need to add a bit of chicken broth or water to thin it out to your desired consistency.
If you plan on freezing the soup, make sure to omit the pasta as it can get mushy when thawed and reheated. Instead, cook the pasta separately and add it to the soup after reheating. The soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat over medium heat.
For a quick and easy meal, you can also use canned or pre-made chicken broth and shredded rotisserie chicken. Simply add the broth, chicken, and vegetables to a pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Then add the cooked pasta and let it simmer for a few more minutes until heated through.
If you prefer a vegetarian option, you can substitute the chicken broth and chicken with vegetable broth and a vegetarian chicken substitute. This will give you a flavorful broth and a cozy chicken stars soup that is sweet and savory.
Overall, this soup is a great option for meal prep and leftovers. It is easy to store and reheat, and the flavors only get better with time. So go ahead and make a big pot of this cozy chicken stars soup and enjoy it throughout the week!
Tips for Perfect Results
When making chicken and stars soup, the key to achieving the perfect result is to pay attention to the details. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your soup is delicious and satisfying every time.
1. Use homemade chicken broth if possible. The depth of flavor in homemade broth is unbeatable and will take your soup to the next level. If you don’t have time to make your own, opt for a high-quality store-bought broth.
2. Cut your vegetables into uniform sizes. This will ensure that they cook evenly and that you get a consistent texture in every bite.
3. Don’t overcook the pasta. Star-shaped pasta is a fun addition to this recipe, but it can quickly turn mushy if left in the soup for too long. Be sure to follow the package instructions and only add the pasta to the soup during the last few minutes of cooking.
4. Add fresh parsley at the end. Fresh herbs add brightness and flavor to the finished dish. Adding chopped fresh parsley just before serving will elevate the taste of your soup.
5. Adjust the seasoning as needed. Depending on the saltiness of your broth, you may need to add more salt and pepper to taste. Be sure to taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed before serving.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your chicken and stars soup is flavorful, comforting, and satisfying every time.
In conclusion, this chicken and stars soup recipe is perfect for anyone who wants a warm, comforting meal that is both delicious and easy to make. With its simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, you can whip up a batch of this cozy chicken stars soup sweet in no time. Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a comforting meal to enjoy on a cold winter day, this soup is sure to hit the spot.
So why not give this recipe a try? With its flavorful broth, tender chunks of chicken, and star-shaped pasta, it is sure to become a family favorite. And if you are feeling adventurous, why not try some of the substitutions and variations suggested in this article? Whether you are looking for a vegetarian chicken stars soup or a creamy chicken stars soup, there are plenty of ways to customize this recipe to your liking.
So go ahead and give this chicken and stars soup recipe a try. Who knows, it might just become your new go-to comfort food!
Chicken and Stars Soup Recipe
- 1/2 lb chicken, with bone and skin
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 8 ounces star shaped pasta
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a stock pot, place chicken, carrots, garlic, onion and celery; cover with water.
- Boil for thirty to forty minutes, remove chicken from pot.
- Allow chicken to cool (very important unless you like burnt fingers) remove skin and bones, then chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add chicken back to soup, add parsley, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer until noodles are cooked.
- You may need to add water to keep soup soupy after pasta has cooked.
- Use your own judgment.
YOUR OWN NOTES
You’ll Love These Recipes
Delicious Red Chicken: A Comforting Family Recipe
Spicy and Savory: Must-Try Mexican Stew Recipe
Delicious and Healthy Jicama Chicken Saute Recipe
Spiced Skewered Chicken (Chicken Sosaties) Recipe
Mama Ninfas-Style Chicken Fajitas: A Mouthwatering Recipe
Easy One-Pot Creamy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
Low Fat Chicken in Coke Gravy (Kosher-Meat) Recipe
Lucy is an avid learner and Yoga practitioner, who loves to explore new cultures and learn about different cuisines. She believes in living a healthy and fulfilling life and loves to share her knowledge with others. Her enthusiasm for life is contagious.