Welcome to my kitchen, where I am excited to share with you one of my favorite healthy dessert recipes: the Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe. As a chef, I am constantly experimenting with new ingredients and techniques to create delicious, yet healthy dishes. This recipe is no exception!
The Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe is a perfect example of how healthy food can be both nutritious and indulgent. It is a tasty combination of fresh raspberries, cocoa powder, and fat-free cottage cheese, all whipped up into a creamy, chocolatey dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet.
In this recipe article, I will walk you through each step of the process, giving you tips and tricks to achieve the best results. You will also learn about the health benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe, as well as some possible substitutions and variations you can make to fit your taste preferences.
So, whether you are a fan of the Biggest Loser series, looking for quick and easy recipes, or simply wanting to indulge in a guilt-free dessert, this recipe is for you. Let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a guilt-free dessert that satisfies your sweet tooth? Look no further than the Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe! This recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge in a decadent dessert without breaking their diet.
One of the reasons you’ll love this recipe is because it’s quick and easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious dessert in no time. Plus, it’s from the Biggest Loser quick and easy cookbook, so you know it’s been approved by the experts.
Another reason to love this recipe is that it’s low in calories and high in protein. The fat-free cottage cheese provides a creamy texture while keeping the calorie count down. And the fresh raspberries add a burst of flavor and antioxidants.
But don’t let the healthy ingredients fool you – this dessert is still indulgent and satisfying. The cocoa powder gives it a rich chocolate flavor, while the honey and nut apple spread add a touch of sweetness.
Overall, the Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe is simply delicious and perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a guilt-free dessert. So go ahead and treat yourself – you deserve it!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious low calorie dessert recipe that’s perfect for those following a Biggest Loser quick and easy cookbook:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups of natural fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (apple and honey nut mix)
- 1/4 cup raspberry spread
- 1 cup seared scallops
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 Meyer lemon, sliced
- 4 rice cakes
- Butter rice (optional)
These ingredients are all easily accessible and can be found at any grocery store. The mixture of raspberries and cocoa powder makes a perfect chocolate raspberry combination while the nuts add a nice crunch to the dish. The cottage cheese is a healthy substitute for cream cheese, making this recipe a guilt-free dessert option. With only 100 fruit calories per serving, you can indulge in this Biggest Loser recipe without feeling guilty.
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time to get cooking! This Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe is quick and easy to make – perfect for those busy weeknights. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup honey nut apple butter
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 8 large sea scallops
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 rice cakes, lightly salted
- 1/4 cup raspberry spread
- In a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese and cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together fresh raspberries and honey. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, sear sea scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add honey nut apple butter and Meyer lemon juice. Cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Add cooked brown rice to the pan and stir to coat with the apple butter mixture.
- On a plate, arrange rice cakes and spoon the cottage cheese mixture onto each cake.
- Top each cake with a spoonful of the raspberry mixture.
- Place seared scallops on top of the raspberry mixture.
- Drizzle the apple butter mixture over the scallops.
- Spoon raspberry spread around the plate as a garnish.
Enjoy your delicious low-calorie and nutritious meal!
- Serving Size: 2 cakes
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 27g
This recipe makes for a great dinner option for those who are on a diet or trying to lose weight. It’s a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, and the fresh raspberries add a refreshing touch to the dish.
Substitutions and Variations
Looking for ways to switch up the flavors in this Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers recipe? Here are some substitutions and variations that you can try out:
– Fruit: If you don’t have fresh raspberries on hand, you can use other types of berries such as strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries. You can also use frozen berries if fresh ones are not available.
– Cocoa powder: You can use unsweetened cocoa powder or dark chocolate cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
– Cottage cheese: If you’re not a fan of cottage cheese, you can use Greek yogurt instead. It’s a similar consistency and also adds a creamy texture to the recipe.
– Rice cakes: Instead of using rice cakes, you can use other types of cakes such as angel food cake or sponge cake. You can also use graham crackers or digestive biscuits as a base.
– Nut butter: You can use different types of nut butter such as almond butter or peanut butter instead of honey nut apple butter.
– Lemon: If you don’t have meyer lemons, you can use regular lemons instead.
– Scallops: If you don’t like scallops, you can use other types of seafood such as shrimp or cod. You can also use chicken or tofu for a vegetarian option.
– Cheese: If you’re not a fan of cottage cheese, you can use ricotta cheese instead. You can also use cream cheese or mascarpone cheese for a richer flavor.
– Spread: If you can’t find 100% fruit raspberry spread, you can use other types of fruit spread such as strawberry or apricot.
By experimenting with different substitutions and variations, you can create a recipe that’s tailored to your taste preferences. Don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with it!
Serving and Pairing
The Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe is a delicious and healthy dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. These dreamy cakes are perfect for serving as a light and satisfying dessert after a meal or as a sweet and indulgent snack any time of the day.
When it comes to pairing this recipe, you can’t go wrong with a cup of hot coffee or tea. The bitterness of the cocoa powder and the sweetness of the raspberries complement the rich aroma of coffee or the floral notes of tea. You can also pair the Chocolate Berry Dreamers with a glass of cold milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a classic and indulgent treat.
For a healthier option, serve the Chocolate Berry Dreamers with a dollop of fat-free cottage cheese and a handful of fresh raspberries. The cottage cheese adds a creamy and tangy flavor that complements the sweetness of the raspberries and the richness of the chocolate. You can also try spreading a 100% fruit raspberry spread on top of the cakes for an extra burst of fruity goodness.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair the Chocolate Berry Dreamers, they’re sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them. These cakes are simply delicious and low-calorie, making them the perfect guilt-free treat for any occasion.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
These Chocolate Berry Dreamers are perfect for making ahead of time, allowing you to have a delicious dessert on hand whenever you need it. You can prepare them up to 24 hours in advance and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
To store, simply cover the dessert with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. The fresh raspberries on top may become slightly soft, but the flavor will still be just as delicious.
To reheat, you have a few options. You can either reheat the entire dessert in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, or you can microwave individual servings for 30 seconds at a time until they’re warmed through. Just be sure not to overheat the dessert, as it may cause the cheese to become too runny.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Simply cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. These delicious low-calorie desserts are perfect for anyone looking to satisfy their sweet tooth without ruining their diet.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe turns out perfectly, here are some helpful tips:
1. Use fresh raspberries: Fresh raspberries will give your dreamers a burst of flavor and a beautiful color. If you can’t find fresh raspberries, frozen ones will work as well, but make sure to thaw them before using.
2. Use natural cocoa powder: Natural cocoa powder will give your dreamers a rich chocolate flavor without the added sugar and fat. Dutch-processed cocoa powder may alter the recipe and result in a different taste.
3. Blend cottage cheese until smooth: To get the creamiest texture possible, blend the cottage cheese until it’s completely smooth. This will also ensure that there are no lumps in your dreamers.
4. Make the raspberry spread ahead of time: The raspberry spread can be made up to three days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. This will save you time when making the dreamers.
5. Don’t overcook the scallops: Overcooking the scallops can make them tough and rubbery. Follow the recipe instructions carefully and cook them just until they are opaque.
6. Use Meyer lemon for extra flavor: Meyer lemons have a sweeter taste than regular lemons and can add a bright and tangy flavor to the dish. If you can’t find Meyer lemons, regular lemons will work as well.
7. Serve with apple butter rice cakes: The apple butter rice cakes are a perfect complement to the dreamers. They are easy to make and add a delicious nutty flavor to the dish.
8. Enjoy as a guilt-free dessert: This recipe is a part of the Biggest Loser series, which focuses on fast and healthy weight loss. Each serving of the dreamers contains only 100 calories and is a delicious low-calorie dessert option.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and healthy dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet.
In conclusion, the Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves chocolate and berries. With its low-calorie count and healthy ingredients, this recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge in a guilt-free dessert or snack. The fat-free cottage cheese and fresh raspberries make this recipe a great source of protein and antioxidants. Plus, the cocoa powder adds a rich chocolate flavor without the added sugar.
As a chef, I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who wants to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor. With its easy-to-follow instructions and simple ingredients, it’s perfect for both novice and experienced cooks. So go ahead and give it a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Biggest Loser Chocolate Berry Dreamers Recipe
- 1 cup all-natural fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons 100% fruit raspberry jelly (it is supposed to be raspberry spread but will not let me enter it that way)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons natural 70% cocoa mini dark semisweet chocolate chunks
- To the jar of a blender, add the cottage cheese, fruit spread and cocoa powder.
- Blend on high until smooth, turning off the blender intermittently to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic container and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Divide the raspberries evenly among 4 martini glasses or to-go cups with lids.
- Spoon one-quarter of the chocolate mixture (about 1/4 cup) over each and top with 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate chunks.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.