Welcome to my Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad recipe! This dish is a perfect combination of fresh and savory flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether you’re looking for a healthy lunch, a side dish for your family dinner, or a refreshing snack, this recipe has got you covered.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is its versatility. You can mix and match various fruits to create your own unique salsa. The combination of diced apples, strawberries, and kiwis, for example, adds a sweet and tangy flavor that pairs well with the fresh spinach leaves. You can also add some avocado salsa or grilled chicken to make it more filling.
Moreover, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. All you have to do is mix the fruits and vegetables in a medium bowl and top it off with some strawberry vinaigrette or tomato salsa. You can even make the fruit salsa ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few days.
I guarantee you’ll love this Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad recipe, and it will become a staple in your salad recipes collection. So, let’s get started and make this delicious and healthy salad that everyone will enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of boring, uninspired salads? Look no further than this Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad Recipe! This salad recipe is packed with fresh, juicy fruits that perfectly complement the crisp spinach leaves.
But what really sets this salad apart is the fruit salsa. Made with a combination of diced apples, strawberries, and a touch of jalapeno pepper for a bit of heat, this salsa adds a burst of flavor to every bite. And let’s not forget the cilantro, green onions, and asorbic acid that make this salsa positively addictive.
But wait, there’s more! This recipe is incredibly versatile. You can mix and match your favorite fruits to create your own unique fruit salsa. And if you’re not a fan of heat, simply skip the jalapeno pepper.
This salad is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re enjoying it as a refreshing side dish or as the main course for a light and healthy dinner. Plus, it’s a great way to get in your daily servings of fruits and veggies.
In short, if you’re looking for a salad recipe that’s both healthy and delicious, this Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad Recipe is the perfect choice. Give it a try and discover why it’s sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection!
- 4 cups of fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 medium McIntosh apple, diced
- 1 cup of strawberries, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup of pineapple salsa (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup of mango salsa (store-bought or homemade)
- Cinnamon chips (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: For the pineapple and mango salsa, you can use store-bought or homemade salsa. If you are making it from scratch, check out my pineapple salsa recipe and my mango salsa recipe for the best results.
The Recipe How-To
- 2 medium granny smith apples, diced into small pieces
- 2 medium McIntosh apples, diced into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup pineapple salsa
- 1/4 cup mango salsa
- 6 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
In a medium bowl, mix together the diced granny smith apples, McIntosh apples, and strawberries. Sprinkle lightly with ascorbic acid, using as much or as little as you like.
Add the finely chopped jalapeno pepper, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl, mixing well.
In a separate bowl, mix together the pineapple salsa and mango salsa.
Add the salsa to the fruit mixture, mixing well.
In a large bowl, mix together the spinach and fruit salsa mixture.
Serve immediately with cinnamon chips or as a side to grilled chicken or fish.
This fruit salsa salad recipe is a perfect combination of diced fresh fruits and spinach. The pineapple salsa and mango salsa add a sweet and spicy flavor to the salad. Mix the fruits and spices well in a medium bowl and add the salsa to the mixture. Then, pour the mixture into a large bowl with the spinach and mix well. This is a great recipe for a light lunch or dinner. You can also add more fruits to the spinach salad like kiwis, raspberries, or avocado.
Substitutions and Variations
This spinach and fruit salsa salad recipe is extremely versatile and can easily be customized to fit your preferences. Here are some substitution and variation ideas to try:
– Change up the fruit: While this recipe calls for granny smith and McIntosh apples, strawberries, and pineapple salsa, you can use any combination of fresh fruit you like. Try swapping in kiwis, raspberries, or mangoes for a different flavor profile. You can even make a berry salad by using a mix of fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
– Add some protein: To make this salad a heartier meal, add some grilled chicken or shrimp. The combination of diced avocado and avocado salsa would also make a great addition.
– Try a different dressing: While the strawberry vinaigrette is delicious, you can switch it up with a different dressing. A balsamic vinaigrette or a citrus dressing would complement the fruit flavors nicely.
– Use different greens: If you’re not a fan of spinach, you can use mixed greens or arugula instead. You can also try adding some kale or romaine lettuce for a different texture.
– Make it spicy: If you like a little heat, try adding some diced jalapeno pepper to the fruit salsa. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the top for a sweet and spicy kick.
– Switch up the cheese: While feta cheese is a great addition to this salad, you can use any crumbled cheese you like. Goat cheese or blue cheese would also work well.
By experimenting with different substitutions and variations, you can create a unique spin on this delicious spinach and fruit salsa salad recipe. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own!
Serving and Pairing
This Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad recipe is an excellent side dish for any meal. The combination of fresh fruits, spinach, and cilantro creates a delightful burst of flavors in your mouth. This salad goes incredibly well with grilled chicken or fish, making it a perfect addition to any summer BBQ menu.
For a more filling meal, you can add some diced avocado to the salad or serve it with a side of cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. The sweet and savory flavors of the fruit salsa salad pair perfectly with the creamy avocado, and the cinnamon chips add a delightful crunch to the dish.
If you’re looking for a refreshing and simple fruit salad recipe, then this Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad is perfect for you. It’s light, healthy, and packed with nutrients from the fresh fruits and vegetables. You can also make a variation of this recipe by adding raspberries or kiwis instead of the strawberries.
To take this salad to the next level, you can pair it with a delicious strawberry vinaigrette or a tomato salsa. The tangy and sweet flavors of the vinaigrette and the salsa complement the fruit salsa salad perfectly. You can also sprinkle some feta cheese on top of the salad to add a creamy and salty taste to the mix.
No matter how you serve it, this Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad is sure to impress your guests with its beautiful colors and flavorful taste. It’s a perfect dish for any occasion, from a simple family dinner to a fancy dinner party.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad Recipe is perfect for making ahead for a quick and healthy meal. You can prepare the fruit salsa and salad dressing up to three days in advance and store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, simply toss the salad ingredients together with the salsa and dressing and you’re good to go.
If you have leftovers, store them in a separate airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, it’s recommended to store the salad and salsa separately to prevent the spinach from becoming too soggy. When reheating, simply reheat the salad and salsa separately in the microwave or on the stovetop.
If you plan on making this salad for a party or potluck, you can easily double or triple the recipe. To keep the fruit from browning, add a little lemon juice or vinegar to the salsa. And for a fun twist, try serving the salad with cinnamon chips or grilled chicken.
In conclusion, this Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad Recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and easy-to-make meal. With its vibrant colors and delicious flavors, it’s sure to impress your family and friends. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and stored for a quick meal during the week. So go ahead and give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Tips for Perfect Results
Cooking is an art, and every chef has their tricks to make their dishes stand out. Here are some tips to help you create the perfect Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad.
1. Use fresh ingredients
A salad is only as good as its ingredients. Choose fresh spinach, ripe fruits, and herbs like cilantro and green onions that are vibrant and full of flavor. Avoid using wilted or overripe produce as they can ruin the taste and texture of your salad.
2. Cut fruits into uniform size
For an aesthetically pleasing salad, cut your fruits into uniform sizes. This ensures that each bite has a balance of flavors and textures. It also makes the salad easier to eat.
3. Sprinkle fruits with ascorbic acid
Fruits like apples and pears tend to brown quickly when cut. To prevent this, sprinkle them lightly with ascorbic acid. This will keep them looking fresh and appetizing.
4. Mix the salsa in a separate bowl
To ensure that the fruits and herbs are evenly mixed, prepare the salsa in a separate bowl. Mix the strawberries, apples, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos in a medium bowl, adding a dash of salt and lime juice. Then, add the salsa to the spinach salad right before serving.
5. Experiment with different fruit salsas
While the recipe calls for a strawberry and apple salsa, feel free to experiment with different fruit combinations. Try strawberries and pineapples, kiwis and strawberries, or raspberries and mangoes. The possibilities are endless!
6. Serve with a vinaigrette or grilled chicken
For an added burst of flavor, serve the salad with a strawberry vinaigrette or top it with grilled chicken. The combination of diced chicken and the simple fruit salsa is sure to be a hit at dinner parties and barbecues.
7. Try a salsa with cinnamon chips
If you’re feeling adventurous, try making a fruit salsa with cinnamon chips. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors is a crowd-pleaser. Simply mix fresh fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar and serve with cinnamon chips.
8. Add some feta cheese or avocado
For a creamier texture and added flavor, top the salad with feta cheese or avocado. The combination of the tangy cheese or buttery avocado with the sweet and spicy fruit salsa is a match made in heaven.
By following these tips, you’ll create a delicious and visually appealing Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad that’s sure to impress your guests.
In conclusion, this spinach and fruit salsa salad recipe is a perfect combination of fresh fruits and vegetables that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. With the right ingredients and preparation, this salad can be a delicious and healthy addition to any meal or occasion. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch, a side dish, or a refreshing salad for a summer barbecue, this recipe has got you covered.
Remember to experiment with different combinations of fruits and dressings to find your perfect match. Don’t be afraid to deviate from the recipe and add your own twist to it. With the versatility of this recipe, you can mix and match ingredients to create a salad that is uniquely yours.
Also, keep in mind that this recipe is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients. So, the next time you’re looking for a healthy yet satisfying meal, give this spinach and fruit salsa salad a try. You won’t regret it.
In conclusion, this recipe is an excellent choice for anyone looking to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into their diet without sacrificing taste. So go ahead, try it out, and let your taste buds do the talking.
Spinach and Fruit Salsa Salad Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 medium mcintosh apple, diced
- 1/2 medium granny smith apple, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ascorbic acid (optional)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach, washed and torn into bite site pieces
- basil garlic citrus vinaigrette dressing ($notetemplate1$)
- In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries, apples, sprinkle lightly with asorbic acid if using.
- Add the onions, cilantro and jalapeno pepper mixing well.
- Allow fruit to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place spinach in a large bowl, add fruit and toss to mix.
- Pour on a citrus vinaigrette dressing to suit your taste and serve on chilled salad plates.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.