Welcome to my crustless apple pie recipe! As a chef, I love experimenting with different pie recipes, and this one has quickly become one of my favorites. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy the delicious flavors of apple pie without the hassle of making a crust.
This crustless apple pie recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also gluten-free, making it the perfect dessert for those with dietary restrictions. Plus, this recipe is incredibly versatile, allowing for substitutions and variations to suit your taste preferences.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe or want to try something new, this crustless apple pie is sure to impress. So let’s get started and make some delicious pie!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I know you’re probably thinking, “Crustless apple pie? How can that even be good?” But trust me, this recipe is a game-changer. Here’s why you’ll love it:
First of all, it’s so much easier to make than a traditional apple pie. No fussing with pastry dough or trying to get the perfect crust. Instead, this recipe is all about the apples. And speaking of apples, this recipe uses two whole pounds of them! That means you get a heaping helping of delicious apple flavor in every bite.
But the best part of this recipe is how versatile it is. You can use any type of apple you like, but I recommend Granny Smith apples for their tartness and firm texture. You can also adjust the level of sweetness to your liking by using more or less sugar. And if you’re gluten-free, this recipe is a great option because there’s no crust involved.
But perhaps the biggest reason why you’ll love this recipe is how delicious it is. The apples are baked until they’re soft and tender, and the brown sugar and cinnamon add just the right amount of sweetness and spice. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, and you’ve got a dessert that’s sure to impress.
So if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy apples this fall, give this crustless apple pie recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make this crustless apple pie recipe:
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and cored (use Granny Smith apples for the best results)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons flour
You’ll also need a 9-inch pie dish or a pie tin. If you don’t have one, you can use a baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have discussed the ingredients, let’s get started with the recipe. This crustless apple pie recipe is simple and easy to make, perfect for those who love apple pie but don’t like the fuss of making the crust.
- 2 pounds of apples (peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 4 tsp of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, toss sliced apples with lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix together white sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the apples and toss well to evenly coat the apples.
- Place the apples in a 9-inch pie dish, dot with butter, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown.
That’s it – you’re done! This crustless apple pie is perfect on its own or served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Results:
- Use Granny Smith apples for the best results. They hold their shape well and have a tartness that complements the sweetness of the brown sugar.
- Don’t skip the lemon juice! It adds a nice tanginess to the pie and helps keep the apples from turning brown.
- Make sure to evenly coat the sliced apples with the sugar and flour mixture to ensure that every bite is delicious.
- If you prefer a more cake-like texture, add 1/2 cup of flour to the batter.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Instead of baking in a pie dish, try baking in a pie tin or line a baking sheet with parchment paper for individual servings.
- Use pears instead of apples for a delicious twist on this recipe.
- Add some chopped walnuts or pecans to the topping for some added crunch.
- Experiment with different spices such as nutmeg, ginger, or allspice for a unique flavor.
- Make a Swedish apple cake by spreading the batter on top of the apples and baking it all together.
Serving and Pairing:
This crustless apple pie is delicious on its own or served with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For a more decadent dessert,
Substitutions and Variations
One of the best things about baking is the ability to get creative and experiment with different ingredients. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try with this crustless apple pie recipe:
– Gluten-free: If you need a gluten-free option, simply substitute the flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You can also use almond flour or coconut flour for a grain-free version.
– Sugar alternatives: Brown sugar and white sugar can be substituted with maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar for a healthier alternative. Keep in mind that the sweetness level may vary depending on the type of sugar you use.
– Apple varieties: Although granny smith apples are commonly used in apple pie recipes, you can try using other varieties such as honeycrisp, pink lady, or fuji for a different flavor profile.
– Spices: Cinnamon is the classic spice for apple pie, but you can also experiment with nutmeg, allspice, or ginger for a unique twist.
– Toppings: Serve this crustless apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce for a decadent dessert.
Remember, baking is all about having fun and getting creative, so don’t be afraid to try new things and make this recipe your own.
Serving and Pairing
This crustless apple pie is a versatile dessert that can be served on its own or paired with other delicious treats. One of the most popular ways to serve this pie is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm, cinnamon-spiced apples are perfectly complemented by the cool, creamy ice cream.
For a gluten-free option, this crustless apple pie is a great choice. It’s perfect for those who want to indulge in a delicious dessert without worrying about gluten. You can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
If you want to add a little crunch to your dessert, try topping the pie with a crumble. To make the crumble, mix together some brown sugar, flour, and butter until it forms a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the mixture over the baked apples and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
This crustless apple pie also pairs well with a cup of coffee or tea. The warm and comforting flavors of the pie make it the perfect dessert to enjoy on a chilly evening.
If you’re looking for a savory pairing, try serving this pie alongside a cheese plate. The sweet and tangy flavors of the apples will contrast nicely with the salty and savory cheese.
Overall, this crustless apple pie is a delicious and easy dessert that can be served in a variety of ways. It’s perfect for any occasion and can be enjoyed by everyone, especially those who love apple desserts.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this crustless apple pie recipe is that it can be made ahead of time, which is perfect for busy schedules or for those who like to plan ahead. To make it ahead of time, simply follow the recipe instructions and bake the pie as directed. Once baked, let it cool to room temperature, then cover it with plastic wrap or a lid and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
When it’s time to serve, you have a few options for reheating the pie. You can either reheat it in the oven or in the microwave. To reheat in the oven, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), then place the pie on a baking sheet and cover it with foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. To reheat in the microwave, place a slice of the pie on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through.
If you have any leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat leftovers, simply follow the same instructions as above.
This crustless apple pie also freezes well if you want to make it ahead of time and store it for longer. Once baked and cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to serve, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat it using one of the methods above.
Overall, this crustless apple pie recipe is a great dessert option that is not only easy to make but also easy to store and reheat. It’s perfect for those who are always on the go or for those who like to plan ahead. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and convenient it can be?
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to baking, a few simple tips and tricks can make all the difference. Here are some helpful tips to ensure the best results when making this crustless apple pie recipe:
1. Use firm, tart apples: Granny Smith apples are perfect for this recipe because they hold their shape when baked and provide a tart contrast to the sweet brown sugar and cinnamon flavor.
2. Preheat your oven: Make sure you preheat your oven to 350°F before you start baking the pie. This will ensure that your pie cooks evenly and the crustless batter sets properly.
3. Line your pie plate: To make sure the pie doesn’t stick to the pie plate, line it with parchment paper or grease it with butter before adding the apple mixture.
4. Slice the apples evenly: Slice the apples into even pieces so that they cook evenly. You can use a mandoline slicer to make sure your slices are uniform.
5. Add lemon juice to the apples: Toss the sliced apples with lemon juice to add a bright, fresh flavor and prevent them from browning.
6. Use a 9-inch pie plate: This recipe is designed to fit a 9-inch pie plate, so make sure you use the right size to ensure the best results.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top: Add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top of the batter before baking to give it a warm, cozy flavor.
8. Let the pie cool before serving: Allow the pie to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. This will help the flavors meld together and make it easier to cut into slices.
By following these tips, you’ll have the best crustless apple pie that is sure to impress your guests. Enjoy!
In conclusion, this crustless apple pie recipe is a must-try for all dessert lovers out there. It is a perfect alternative to traditional apple pies, and it is also gluten-free. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can make a delicious and healthy dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, you can easily customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences by using different types of apples or adding your own twist.
Whether you are a fan of apple crumbles, apple tarts, or apple crisps, this crustless apple pie recipe is sure to become your new favorite. And if you are hosting a dinner party or a holiday gathering, this recipe is a great option to impress your guests with a unique and tasty dessert.
So why not give it a try? Gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to make the best crustless apple pies recipe ever. Trust me, once you taste this pie, you’ll never want to go back to traditional apple pies again.
Crustless Apple Pie Recipe
- 4 -6 apples or 4 -6 use 1 can pie filling
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2-1 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter pie tin.
- Put apples in pie tin.
- Cover with white sugar.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- Put this mixture over apples.
- Bake for 30 minute or until apples are tender and topping is brown.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Lucy is a mom who loves to cook up a storm. She enjoys discovering, collecting, and experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for her blog. With her passion for cooking, Lucy is always coming up with her own unique creations to share with the world.