Last year, around same time I was writing my first blog post here. Well, In past, I had been writing on lifekirecipe’s blogspot account here and prior to that this was my first ever recipe post back in 2009, but it’s only last year I started taking food as my priority.
As I’m writing this, my laptop is not working and hence can’t access all my content, still whatever pics I had on my Blog/ Facebook page, I went through them and realized it has been a great food journey for me. I look forward to learn more in coming years.
Here’s 5 really awesome things that happened in this year that went by.
5. I graduated in terms of recipes and photo take outing. see this garlic bread from last year firsts post to this Oh-My-God-Can’t-Believe-I-Made-This Bailey’s Cheesecake to the last week’s Sangria cake. yes. that.
4. ‘There is no love sincerer than food’ and sharing the love with people is all the more awesome. I love hosting workshops because I get to learn as well. Party cooking Workshops, Glam Food Workshops, summer snacks workshops, personal baking sessions, all kept me busy. Mumbai. Indore. Bhopal. Delhi. Phew!
3. Met some amazing people in Mumbai who are related to food in some or other way.
Shirin, love her for her style! She trips on Old monk, Pancham Da and good food just like me.
Adarsh, whose reviews I totally trust!! He lives up to his blog’s name – The Big bhookad and that tattoo on his wrist. Super.
Ashrita, who will always be my fav dessert person. I still can’t get over the boston cream cupcakes that she made in one of the Glam food workshops.
Desh, who is Indori pet se. Enough said.
Shivani, though I havent tasted any of her Yellow butterfly’s products but I’m already in love with her style of cooking.
Richa, total fun she is! I love the (not-so) girlie time we always have spent together, we (Richa, I, Divish and Chandni) makes a kickass girl gang ;)
I have already mentioned my love for Rushina‘s style in my blogposts. I attended two of her workshops last year and I learnt lot of things from her ever since. Much power to her.
Salonee, I used to check her blog for the reviews she use to write eventually we became neighbors, since then we have exchanged sugar-chai patti, sent dabbas of freshly baked cookies/cakes to each other and the pep talk she keeps giving me. Much love to you Salonee.
Aniruddha, for one question that he asks everyday three times. “Aloo-chapati for lunch. you?” and who on the earth said you can’t keep conversation going on? Plus he still owe me a treat for he won a brand new laptop because of me :D
There are many more names that I may seem to have skipped now. but I do look up to them as well.
2. Had a chance to try many unexplored cuisines, learnt about wonderful ingredients and got a chance to meet Industry’s biggies. Thanks to the PR companies who kept me inviting for Bloggers meet, tasting sessions, cooking workshops. Not all of those turned out as expected, always. But I always learnt something out of it. Not to forget, its fun to not pay for your food at times :P
1. I fell in love with food all over again. <3 <3
Few of my food high moments have been these -
Roasted bell pepper soup, Roasted Veggie biryani, Jalapeno cream chicken, Patatas Bravas, Deviled beet pickled egg, Roasted grapes and Ricotta crostini.Feta’Shrooms, Adraki Lamb Chops, Apple Pie pops, Pan Grilled Spicy sausages and Walnut cake.
Roasted strawberry Salad, Red Velvet cupcakes, Breakfast Pizza and 5 lettuces amaranth, dried cranberries salad.
Now the time for sharing an exciting news!!
If you follow me on twitter/fb, Well you already know I had been taking cakes/cupcakes orders. I was never into baking but gradually i fell in love with it… I still dont eat cupcakes but I love making them :D So i’ll be continuing taking orders for cupcakes/cakes/pies.
Here’s the thing, I have been secretly working in my kitchen laboratory (hahaha I love how its sounding) I had been trying lots of sauces, jams, dips, dressings basically awesome food that can be bottled up. Few have come out about okayish, while some have been amazingly awesome that I have to share with you all.
Coming Sunday, I’ll be officially launching Life Ki Recipe’s Kitchen products I have already told couple of my friends to come over for tastings.. yay!
I’ll also put up a blog-shop here and I’ll be open for orders Monday onwards :D I’m so excited already!
Also Lifekirecipe will have new logo and new theme also regular posts :)
Wish me luck. If you are in or around Versova this Sunday evening, come over to try some stuff and help me sharing the word around.
I’ll stop talking now and will go back in the kitchen where sliced onions are making me smile instead of teary ;)
Thank you for being there in front of the screen. I love you for reading this post and smiling with me. I really do :)
Happy Celebrating :)